The Holistic Organizational Effectiveness Survey found that most organizations are falling far short in doing the things necessary to create a highly effective workforce. Achieving workforce excellence is a dream more than a reality. The survey includes a section on workforce effectiveness as well as numerous questions in other sections of the survey that also impact workforce effectiveness.
The ratings for the Workforce Excellence Section are presented below. The survey uses a 1 – 5 rating scale where 5 = Effective and 1 = Ineffective.
- 3.26 – Workforce Excellence Section Overall Rating
- 3.47 – Ensuring Employees Have Skills/Abilities to Meet Demands of the Business
- 3.46 – Matching the Right People to the Right Positions
- 3.45 – Strengthening the Organization’s “Employer of Choice” Reputation
- 3.42 – Retaining High-Performing People
- 3.35 – Fostering Continuous Learning/Knowledge Sharing
- 3.35 – Hiring, Promoting and Retaining a Diverse Workforce at All Organizational Levels
- 3.33 – Building Skills/Competencies in Multi-Cultural Sensitivity and Supporting Diversity across the Organization
- 3.15 – Making Targeted/High-Impact Development of People a Priority
- 3.03 – Building Skills for Workforce Innovation/Flexibility
- 2.65 – Identifying/Dealing with Low-Performing Managers/Employees
All of the “workforce excellence” ratings are very low, indicating a large opportunity exists for significantly increasing workforce effectiveness in most organizations. The ratings are similar across many industries, governmental and not for profit organizations across the U.S. and in other countries.
The workforce excellence findings are in line with the findings Quantisoft sees in the employee engagement surveys / employee satisfaction surveys we conduct for companies and other types of organizations. Most organizations are underinvesting in their people and they are not effective in proactively building a strong workforce. Most organizations are especially weak at dealing with issues that are barriers to achieving a highly effective workforce such as identifying and dealing with low-performing managers and employees.
The Holistic Organization Effectiveness Survey Report also includes other issues that impact workforce effectiveness and excellence. The effectiveness of senior leadership, IT support/execution and corporate culture are some of the other drivers of workforce effectiveness included in the report.
Key “workforce excellence” questions for you and your organization
- How effective is your organization’s workforce? What are your workforce’s strengths and weaknesses?
- What measurements does your organization have in place to assess workforce effectiveness and the actions and resources used to strengthen workforce effectiveness?
- Does anyone in your organization have an idea of the drag that deficiencies in organizational effectiveness may be having on your organization’s ability to achieve your desired outcomes and to boost your bottom line?
- Considering all of the workforce excellence drivers included in the Holistic Organizational Effectiveness Survey, what should your organization do to significantly increase workforce effectiveness?