Call Center Surveys/Customer Service Center Surveys
Taking Call Center Customer Service to a New Level
Telephone customer service centers and customer sales centers (also known as call centers or customer contact centers) play an important role in many organizations. Some of the many functions they perform include:
- Sales and sales support
- Customer service, including solving customer problems, resolving customer complaints and answering a wide range of inquiries
- Handling requests for repairs and maintenance
- Handling billing questions and taking payments
- Opening and closing accounts
While some organizations perform these functions primarily by phone, many organizations also handle a significant portion of communications with customers using e-mail and web sites.
Many Customers Hate Dealing with Customer Service Centers or Call Centers
The last thing most customers want to do is to call, e-mail or use a web site to request customer service. Customers hate to wait on hold on the phone, or to wait hours or days for a response by e-mail. Customers have little patience for customer service representatives that are rude, lack knowledge, have no authority to make decisions for customers, or are hard to understand and communicate with.
Customers often call or e-mail a customer call center or customer contact center because they are having a problem with a product or service. They may already be annoyed before they call, anticipating a lengthy and frustrating experience with a customer service representative.
That's where customer service surveys come in. Customer service center surveys tell you if customers are satisfied or not, and why they are either satisfied or unsatisfied. Survey results identify what has to be done to achieve consistently high levels of customer service and customer satisfaction, leading to increased customer loyalty and sales. Taking action based on customer service survey results enables companies to turn call center sales and service transactions into positive memorable experiences.
Learn from survey results to create a top-notch call center providing consistently outstanding levels of sales and service experience for customers. Customers often tell people when they have an excellent customer service or sales experience. They are even more likely to tell people about bad sales and customer service experiences.
Types of Quantisoft Customer Service Surveys
- Call center surveys customized to your company's industry, customers and information needs.
- Periodic surveys (e.g. quarterly, semi-annual or annual) providing feedback about customer satisfaction with various aspects of their call center experience customer service or sales experience.
- Follow-up call center transaction surveys and incident surveys providing feedback on how well specific customer purchase, customer service and other transactions were handled.
- For these surveys Quantisoft can provide reports with performance information about each call center/service center/sales center representative (CSR).
- We can rank CSRs based on their performance as measured by your customers, and provide profiles for each CSR presenting their average ratings during the month or any other reporting period. CSR profile measurements typically include CSR professionalism, knowledge, satisfaction with how well the call was handled, etc.
- IT Help Desks are call centers or customer service centers. Quantisoft conducts IT Help Desk customer satisfaction surveys including periodic IT Help Desk and IT incident customer satisfaction surveys. Please click on the following link for more information on Quantisoft's IT Help Desk Surveys: IT Help Desk Customer Satisfaction Surveys
Customer Service Center Survey Metrics
Call center assessments provide a clear picture of current and ongoing levels of call center performance and customer satisfaction. Customer comments and suggestions provide highly actionable information and insight for increasing and sustaining customer satisfaction.
Call center survey metrics include the following and other service and performance criteria, depending on the type of customer survey being conducted:
- Effectiveness of problem resolution
- Effectiveness handling customer complaints
- Customer loyalty
- Ease and time required to contact a service representative with inquiries and problems
- Satisfaction with waiting time on the phone or for a response by e-mail
- Satisfaction with the time it took to handle the customer's inquiry, problem or sales transaction
- Timeliness of problem resolution
- Courtesy/attitude/professionalism of sales and customer service staff
- Customer contact staff's knowledge
- CSR communications effectiveness
- Empowerment of sales and service staff
- Product and service quality and reliability
- Customer awareness and satisfaction with products and services
- Satisfaction with the company's web site for making purchases, requesting customer service and obtaining information
- Effectiveness of individual customer service employees
- Satisfaction levels of customers sorted by customer demographics
- Satisfaction levels of customers sorted by your company's demographics (location, sales and service representative, etc.)
- Satisfaction with access and hours of operation of sales and service locations
- Effectiveness of follow-up by CSRs
- Ability to provide status on ongoing problem / research requests
- Satisfaction with the service or sales environment and policies
- Timelines in meeting deadlines
- Company image
- Competitive position
- Willingness of customers to recommend your company, products and services
- Customer satisfaction with their overall call center experience
Call Center Survey Reports
Reports include graphs, tabular summary reports and comments reports for your organization overall and by employee demographics. Reports provided with your second and subsequent surveys include trend reports comparing data from your most recent call center customer opinion survey with data from your previous call center customer opinion surveys.
Benefits of Quantisoft's Call Center Surveys
Quantisoft's customer service assessments provide actionable information and insight to achieve a strong payback:
- Gather information and insight to achieve breakthrough increases in customer satisfaction, loyalty, and retention
- Enhance customer service and sales attribute performance including timeliness, professionalism, courtesy, knowledge, communications with customers, problem resolution effectiveness, etc.
- Increase service quality, sales effectiveness and productivity
- Enhance customers' experience with your company... they will tell other people
- Use survey results to prioritize performance improvement initiatives and projects
- Identify and fix recurring problems impacting customers
- Reduce the number of customer complaints, leading to increased customer satisfaction and loyalty, and reducing the cost of handling customer complaints
- Learn about ideas for new products and services from customers... become more competitive
- Use customer feedback to make better, more objective decisions
- Improve communications with customers
- Pinpoint problems and opportunities by location, communication channel, and other sales and service criteria
- Handle customer moments of truth more effectively
- Gain insight for attracting and keeping customers
- Surveys send a message to customers and CSRs that your company cares about customers and their opinions
- Identify issues for which your CSRs need increased decision authority/empowerment to help customers
- Learn from customers about their frustrations with your call center's technology, call center processes and policies, hours of operation if less than 24X7, and frustrations with any CSRs
Call Center Employee Satisfaction Surveys/Employee Engagement Surveys
As mentioned above, call centers often serve as sales centers, either taking or initiating sales transactions or providing support for telephone sales. Please click on the following link for information on sales force satisfaction surveys and to learn how sales force surveys can increase the effectiveness of sales forces: Sales Force Surveys