Boosting Employee Performance with Online Employee Surveys
Conducting Employee Satisfaction Surveys/
Employee Engagement Surveys --
Taking Action and Getting Results
As business competition escalates and pressure on profits increase, there is a need to continuously increase employee performance.
In recent years many organizations have reduced staff levels.
With fewer and fewer employees to do more of the work, employees are under pressure and feeling stressed, negatively impacting employee satisfaction and engagement and other important drivers of employee performance.
While many employees are doing more work than ever before, some are not.
Not all employees perform well under continuous stress.
Others are doing more work but the added stress is impacting work/personal life balance, work quality and customers.
Employee surveys gather information and insight for increasing employee performance
Conducting an employee satisfaction survey/employee engagement survey
is a highly cost-effective way to assess how employees feel about working at your organization and to identify what needs to be done to increase employee satisfaction, engagement and performance.
The guarantee of keeping employee survey feedback anonymous encourages employees to provide honest opinions including ratings, comments and suggestions.
Employees will identify barriers to their own and company performance, and tell you what needs to be done to increase customer satisfaction and organizational effectiveness, performance and competitiveness.
Taking a look at recent employee opinion survey
findings from employee surveys
Quantisoft has conducted across many industries and for organizations ranging from under 100 employees to many thousands of employees, we are seeing many themes that are negatively impacting employee performance.
Some of the opportunities for increasing employee performance are organization wide while others are more isolated to specific departments and locations.
Employee satisfaction surveys/employee engagement surveys identify opportunities for increasing employee performance
Following are some of the reasons for low employee satisfaction, engagement and performance identified in our employee surveys:
- Slow computers, systems and computer networks
- Poorly implemented enterprise and other systems
- Lack of access to systems and information
- Lack of resources, tools, technology to do the job
- Lack of trust in supervisor/manager and senior management
- Fear of job loss, having job outsourced
- Insufficient people to get the job done
- Inability to maintain balance between work and personal life
- Large backlog of work
- Poor communications within and between departments
- Poor communications from supervisor/manager and senior management
- Do not feel free to voice opinions openly
- Not able to speak openly/candidly to supervisor/manager
- Favoritism - Supervisor not fair/consistent in making decisions/applying rules
- Perceived unfair workload allocation
- Co-workers not doing their fair share of the work
- Inefficient processes
- Perceived low, non competitive compensation
- Insufficient rewards and recognition
- Insufficient employee benefits and recent reductions in benefits (especially health insurance and retirement plans)
- Insufficient empowerment
- Bored, lack of challenge
- Poor teamwork
- Lack of commitment to quality, customer service and customers
- Supervisors/managers not open to hearing employee suggestions/innovation
- Ideas/suggestions not given serious consideration
- Lack of training and development
- Not aware of promotional opportunities/feel advancement is not possible
- Unclear company mission, vision and values
- Concern about company's direction/long term success
- Lack of confidence in job done by senior management
- Supervisor/manager not shows genuine interest in department/employees
- Supervisor not providing accurate/fair/useful/timely performance feedback
- Supervisor understands what motivates me
- Performance expectations not communicated clearly
- Information received from supervisor/manager is not straightforward/honest
- Employees not treated with respect regardless of level/position/background/age/gender
- Supervisor not actively involved in my development
- Conflicts within department not resolved quickly/effectively
- Decision makers not knowing what's going on
- Offering/selling non competitive products and services
- Significant numbers of customer complaints
Taking action on employee survey findings
Quantisoft's employee surveys provide much more information than the list of reasons for low employee performance.
Ratings and comments enable us and our survey customers to drill down and identify causes of and solutions for significantly increasing employee engagement, satisfaction and performance.
Once employee opinion survey results are communicated to senior management and employees, action plans are created to address the opportunities identified in employee surveys.
Getting everyone involved in implementing the employee survey generated changes is critical for achieving results.
It is a good idea to conduct employee surveys annually to track progress and identify new problems and opportunities that surfaced since the last employee survey.
Employee satisfaction survey/employee engagement survey payback
The cost for conducting a comprehensive employee opinion survey is a few thousand dollars.
This cost is insignificant when compared with the bottom line impact of reducing or eliminating some of the causes of low employee performance.